[openssl-users] Ed25519 and X.509

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Sat Jul 28 11:42:13 UTC 2018

On 28/07/18 12:23, Felipe Gasper wrote:
> I knew about this one. I see OIDs here for the key algorithm, but not the signature/hash algorithm .. ? I’m looking for the OID that precedes the signature in an X.509 structure.

There is an example of a certificate signed with Ed25519 in that
document. As noted in the text:

  "The same algorithm identifiers are used for identifying a public key,
   identifying a private key and identifying a signature (for the two
   EdDSA related OIDs). "

Note, these OIDS are for EdDSA in pure mode so there is no hash, and
hence no need for a separate OID for the sig/hash pair.

Matt