[openssl-users] Initialising OpenSSL more than once - how do we handle this?

Jordan Brown openssl at jordan.maileater.net
Mon Jul 30 23:10:57 UTC 2018

On 7/30/2018 12:27 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> The only time such "leaks" come into play is process exit and library
> unload.

Process exit is not the only time that libraries get unloaded.  I don't
happen to remember any details, but I know we've had problems with
libraries that got unloaded because they were dependencies of other
shared objects that are intended to be used on a "load, call, unload" basis.

--
Jordan Brown, Oracle Solaris