[openssl-users] An error occurred while using the d2i_RSAPublicKey function.

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Sun Jun 10 14:44:19 UTC 2018

> On Jun 9, 2018, at 11:25 PM, Sangsub <i_chacha at naver.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, I'm begginer so I don't know well.
> You said that the my input data is not a PKCS # 1 public key type.
>
> How do I distinguish between a PKCS # 1 type or an X.509 SPKI Public Key?

You should not have to distinguish.  The key type will be the same
for a particular method of obtaining the key.  In this case, the
key will almost surely always be SPKI.  You've not explained how
you're obtaining the keys, why it is safe to assume they're RSA
and not (say) ECDSA keys, or why you're looking to work with the
public exponent and modulus, rather than use the existing OpenSSL
signature verification functions.

--
	Viktor.