[openssl-users] OpenSSL patch for CHACHA cipher support in OpenSSL 1.0.2

Srivalli Kuppa (srikuppa) srikuppa at cisco.com
Mon Jun 11 17:34:36 UTC 2018

Thanks Matt. Appreciate your answers.

Just curious, is there a possibility to patch CHACHA cipher specific changes to OpenSSL 1.0.2 version still and get SSL handshake succeed?

I am not looking for an upgrade to OpenSSL 1.1.0 at this point. So, I am interested to know if I can get CHACHA to working with OpenSSL 1.0.2.

Thanks for your time.

-Srivalli

On 6/11/18, 11:59 AM, "openssl-users on behalf of Matt Caswell" <openssl-users-bounces at openssl.org on behalf of matt at openssl.org> wrote:

    On 11/06/18 16:44, Srivalli Kuppa (srikuppa) via openssl-users wrote:
    >  1. Do we have a stable OpenSSL patch that can be applied to OpenSSL
    >     1.0.2 version to support CHACHA cipher both as a server/client?

    No. Chacha/Poly1305 support is only available from version 1.1.0 upwards.

    >  2. Can CHACHA+Poly1305 ciphers be used with TLSv1.2 today with
    >     different browsers (Chrome/Firefox etc.,)?

    Yes.