[openssl-users] Error compiling openssh with openssl

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Mon Jun 11 23:42:02 UTC 2018

On 11/06/2018 18:14, Michael Wojcik wrote:
> [...]
Note that what seems to be violated here is not the FIPS requirements as
such, but the OpenSSL-specific rule that the older crypto functions are
not directed to the FIPS blob, just outright rejected.  In this case,
that the more easy to use SHA256 OpenSSL 1.0.x API isn't forwarded to
the FIPS validated SHA256 implementation.

I don't know if FIPS-enabled OpenSSL 0.9.8 forwarded those calls to the
old FIPS validated implementation or just left the non-FIPS implementation
available by accident.

Enjoy

Jakob