[openssl-users] Windows 7 cryptbase.dll failing to load

Vollaro, John john.vollaro at optum.com
Thu Jun 14 16:39:46 UTC 2018

Hi OpenSSL team,

Our team has successfully built Window dlls for OpenSSL code version 1.0.2n.
The dll names where libeay32.dll & ssleay32.dll.
They worked on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012 OS.

Our team has built Window dlls for the OpenSSL code using version 1.1.0h.
The dll names where libcrypt0-1_1-x64.dll & libssl-1_1-x64.dll
These dlls worked on  Windows Server 2012 OS.
These dlls do *not* load on Windows 7 OS.
I suspect an issue with Windows library cryptbase.dll

Any suggestion on getting this to work on Windows 7?
Has anyone else encountered this issue?