[openssl-users] Windows 7 cryptbase.dll failing to load

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Thu Jun 14 22:39:23 UTC 2018

Sometimes the subsystem version information inserted by the linker is pessimistic for no reason (other than Microsoft's desire to get people to upgrade). Depends on the version of the Microsoft SDK installed, among other things.

So the OP might just try linking the DLL with /VERSION:6.1.

I'm not currently building a 1.1 OpenSSL, so I can't say what would need to be done with Configure to get that into the generated makefile.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus