[openssl-users] OpenSSL FIPS Object Module 2.0 on CD

Mark Minnoch mark at keypair.us
Wed Jun 20 23:35:40 UTC 2018

I'm responding to a previous post about obtaining a CD of the OpenSSL FIPS
Object Module from KeyPair Consulting rather than directly from OpenSSL.
The question is:

> Just curious, but does this satisfy Section 6.6 of the User Guide,
> since the CD does not come directly from the OpenSSL Foundation?

That's a great question. KeyPair Consulting will send a copy of the OpenSSL
FOM on CD to people that choose not to use the following options:

The best way to get the OpenSSL FIPS Object Module distribution is directly
from OpenSSL at https://www.openssl.org/source/

The second best way is to get the OpenSSL FIPS Object Module CD directly
from OpenSSL (as described in the OpenSSL FOM Security Policy and User
Guide).

Mark J. Minnoch
Co-Founder, CISSP, CISA
KeyPair Consulting
+1 (805) 550-3231 <(805)%20550-3231> mobile
https://KeyPair.us <https://keypair.us/>
https://www.linkedin.com/in/minnoch

*We expertly guide technology companies in achieving their FIPS 140 goals*

*New blog post: You Have Your FIPS Certificate. Now What?
<https://keypair.us/2018/03/you-have-your-fips-certificate-now-what/>*