[openssl-users] How to send alert in handshake?

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Wed Jun 27 12:59:55 UTC 2018

As in sending a non-fatal alert?  There's no API to do that.  And it probably wouldn't work anyway, as most runtimes treat any alert as fatal.

Your best bet is to implement the right callback (depends on which version of openssl you are using) and return an error if the SNI isn't one of your allowed values.