[openssl-users] Enable the FIPS mode in the library level

Alan Dean alandean888 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:39:41 UTC 2018

Thanks Matthias for your response.

I have a different question:

Per your suggestion in the previous email, FIPS_mode_set() can be moved
inside of OPENSSL_init(), in order to force the FIPS mode enabled in the
library level.

However currently OPENSSL_init() is actually invoked from within
FIPS_mode_set(). If we put FIPS_mode_set() inside OPENSSL_init, then it
makes OPENSSL_init to call itself recursively. In that case would it be ok
to just remove OPENSSL_init from within FIPS_mode_set?