[openssl-users] FIPS_mode_set(1) failing

murugesh pitchaiah murugesh.pitchaiah at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 06:36:27 UTC 2018

Hi,

On invoking FIPS_mode_set(1), the self test would be run internally
first. The test would be run for all modules like dsa, rsa, rng, etc.
This error indicates a failure in any of these self test run.

Try to view the "FIPSerr" which could show you which module's test
actually failed; so you can take necessary action.

Thanks,
Murugesh P.