[openssl-users] File signing/encrypting upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0

Jan Kohnert nospam001-lists at jan-kohnert.de
Fri Mar 23 17:03:17 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm using the openssl-libs for signing/encrypting files in PKCS#7
format. When trying to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 the code stops
working properly: Files are generated, but the formating is broken.
When trying to decrypt the generated files, I get:

Error in encoding
6252:error:0D07209B:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_get_object:too
long:crypto\asn1\asn1_lib.c:91:

(that's it, really).

Could you please point me to what I'm missing? I have tried to find
something useful in changslogs and docs, but I couldn't find a helping
hint (and I don't really know what t look for, too)

I have made a minimal working example as well as a small testfile and
test key/cert in the attached zip-file (should compile on all platforms
supported by openssl). But beware: absolutly *no* error-checking at all
in there, it is assumed, all is in the same place, testfile, key, cert,
and program.

Thanks a lot, and a happy weekend! :)

--
MfG Jan