[openssl-users] Request for help in research

Tanushree Banerjee tanushree.banerjee at uwaterloo.ca
Sat Mar 24 22:10:06 UTC 2018

Hello,

I was looking for benchmarking the execution time of Elliptic Curve based Diffie Hellman of the OpenSSL implementation in C just for my own purpose of understanding. Is there any easy way to do that by coding in C ? Do you have any sample code for that ?

(I have used

time openssl ecparam -name secp256k1 -genkey -noout -out secp256k1-key.pem

in command line. And it does give me some average timing. )

But using this I don't get timing for generation of shared secret key. Also I would like to know if affine coordinates are used or Jacobian projective coordinates are being used? Is there any way to know all these ?

I also tried this code ->

The code over here gives me a bunch of error

https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Elliptic_Curve_Diffie_Hellman

Is there any other reliable source that has been used before ? If someone knows can you please forward me or let me know? That would be extremely helpful. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks and regards

Tanushree Banerjee

Graduate Student

University of Waterloo