[openssl-users] PKCS#11 support in OpenSSL

Sahil Malhotra sahil.malhotra at nxp.com
Mon Mar 26 06:28:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

A general query about inbuilt PKCS#11 support in OpenSSL.

If we want to use the keys stored in the Token/HSM with OpenSSL, we need to use the Third party modules(libp11 in combination with libpkcs11 engine).
But in some other TLS stacks like GnuTLS, PKCS#11 support is inbuilt.

So, Is OpenSSL community is thinking on having the inbuilt PKCS#11 support or will continue working with third party modules(libp11) ?

Regards,
Sahil Malhotra