[openssl-users] File signing/encrypting upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0

Jan Kohnert nospam001-lists at jan-kohnert.de
Tue Mar 27 17:01:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am Fri, 23 Mar 2018 18:45:22 +0000
schrieb Sergio NNX <sfhacker at hotmail.com>:

> I've just built it (manually) on Windows and I don't see any error
> messages.

maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, so:
The code comiles just fine, the problem is the broken asn1 strucure in
the generated files. I managed the encryption part using "wb"
instead of "w" when finally writing the file, but the signing is still
broken with 1.1, and working with 1.0 using the same code on Windows. I
tested Linux using that code, and it works just fine.

> A few points/questions:
>

> - Why cmake?

Well, this is part of a larger software bundle, so a build environment
is needed. And I like cmake. :)

> - I does not build/compile at all.
>
> - Why is this line here: #include <openssl/applink.c> ? I get a
> compilation error! 😱

It's in there because it was documented to use it on windows. I manually
copied the file to the appropriate place after compiling/installing
openssl, but if it is not needed anymore, I can remove the line.

> - Why are we adding these libraries: odbc32 advapi32 ?

Again, larger bundle, I forgot to remove them for that small excerpt,
they're not needed here. (but don't change anything, too)..

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package):
>   By not providing "FindOpenSSLSyn.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
> project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided
> by "OpenSSLSyn", but CMake did not find one.

And, again: that should have read OpenSSL instead of OpenSSLSyn, and
the libs should read OpenSSL::Crypto. I have to use a special finder
to get the includes/libs to compile, but that's only a compile/link
issue...

Best regards, Jan