[openssl-users] RFC5077 ticket construction help

Henderson, Karl KHenderson at verisign.com
Wed Mar 28 17:37:39 UTC 2018

Ok, but I’d like to use TLS rather than Kerberos. I’m wondering if I could do something like this:

C sends a Client Hello with 0 length Session Ticket to B.
B sends back a NewSessionTicket to C in Server Hello.
C sets SSL_CTX_sess_set_new_cb(ctx, new_session_cb) and saves the session blob/ticket in the new_session_cb function indexed by the URL of B.
A contacts C with the URL of B
C looks up session ticket indexed by URL of B
C sends A the session ticket.
A contact B and sets the ticket using SSL_set_session_ticket_ext(ssl, ticket, ticket size)

Feasible? I’m trying something like this now but I can’t get it working.