[openssl-users] get type of PEM data

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Mar 28 19:04:30 UTC 2018

Take a look at the new STORE functions in 1.1.1. They do something like
what you are describing. They can take a URI and load whatever objects
it finds there using the right kind of loader based on the PEM type. You
can also search for particular objects in your store. See:

https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/OSSL_STORE_load.html
https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/OSSL_STORE_INFO.html
https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/OSSL_STORE_SEARCH.html

Matt