[openssl-users] How to prove a Certificate is Signed or not

morthalan morthalaanilreddy at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:50:43 UTC 2018

But In my case, I do not have any root certificate. I have only one signed
certificate (SignedCertificate.pem) and one certificate signing request
(certReq.pem) . So when I use it as below

openssl verify -CAfile SignedCertificate.pem SignedCertificate.pem

I am getting error  "error 20 at 0 depth lookup:unable to get local issuer
certificate".
I believe it is for verifying certificate chain trust. Correct me if I am
wrong. Is there anyway to manipulate it?

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2 wrote

Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html