[openssl-users] Receive throttling on SSL sockets

Alex H alexhultman at gmail.com
Sat May 19 18:15:21 UTC 2018

Yeah TCP is really the same as TLS in terms of being "bidirectional". Even
if you stop polling for readable and never call recv, you will still
receive ACKS for whatever you write.

A receive window for TLS implemented completely ontop of TCP would solve
this issue and allow applications to truly throttle data receives without
hindering their own writes or forcing them to buffer up data.