[openssl-users] OpenSSL - Session Resumption on an On-going Connection

Filipe Fernandes filipe.mfgfernandes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:01:35 UTC 2018

I'm developing a specific SSL Server, in which it's supposed to have an
always-on socket connection. So, to be on the safe side, there's specific
needs that need to be filled on this implementation. One of the needs is
that the server must send a resumption request (ServerHello) to the client
on a cyclic manner. I've tried everything I could, but it seems that the
server does not send the ServerHello to the Client.

My question: How can I make LibOpenSSL-1.0.2g to send a ServerHello to the
Client *on demand*? The socket should not close, nor perform a
renegotiation.

Thanks!