[openssl-users] Problem with x509_verify_certificate

Ken OpenSSL at k-h.us
Mon Nov 26 18:08:35 UTC 2018

Hi Viktor,

Is it "better" to use

X509_STORE_CTX_set_default(csc, "ssl_server");

or something more like

purpose = X509_PURPOSE_SSL_SERVER;
verify_param = X509_STORE_CTX_get0_param(csc);
X509_VERIFY_PARAM_set_purpose(verify_param, purpose);
X509_verify_cert(csc)

When we tried the second option, it did not make any difference. When I
added

X509_STORE_CTX_set0_param(csc,verify_param);

X509_verify_cert(csc) started returning error
X509_V_ERR_CERT_CHAIN_TOO_LONG: certificate chain too long