[openssl-users] Issue with using TLS

Sean Glazier sglazier456 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:43:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have an issue with using a TLS client-server set up.

on the client side I am using 32 open ssl library version 1.1 and the same
set on the server side in VA smalltalk. Both are on windows.

On the c side I set the SSL_CTX_new(TLS_client_method()) on the server I
restricted to TLS only as per our security policy.

I get through the hand shake and the client sends data over to the sever.
however upon reading the server gives and openSSL error as follows:
OpenSSLError
Error Code: 336130315
Error Object: ('wrong version number')
Error String: 'error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version
number'
Error Hint: 'ssl3_get_record:wrong version number'
AuxiliaryData: nil.

I have attempted to work around this by setting on the server side the
following option:  SSL_OP_TLS_ROLLBACK_BUG . I saw from forums that this
will tell the server to ignore this bug. However, I still get the same bug.

Does anyone know the workaround for this issue?

Kind Regards,

Sean Glazier