[openssl-users] overriding EVP_PKEY method callbacks for a specific key only

Selva Nair selva.nair at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:09:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 4:19 PM Dmitry Belyavsky <beldmit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, you can use opaque pointer and own structure containing a flag and
> switch between native and custom implementations depending on it.
>
> I've tried it and it works

We do store some state information in the method app_data, so singling out
calls for our key is not hard. So, it would be necessary to check this in
both sign_init() and sign() and call the default implementations of both
as/when required, right? Will test it out.

Is there any plan to expose per-key EVP_PKEY_METHODs in the API?

Thanks,

Selva