[openssl-users] ssl_accept failure

Skip Carter skip at taygeta.com
Wed Oct 24 22:34:08 UTC 2018

I have a server-side application that fails when some clients connect:

waiting for SSL accept()...
SSL_accept() (0) failure -1
SSL_accept() (1) failure 5
[DEBUG]     Error string : error:00000005:lib(0):func(0):DH lib
SSL_accept() sockerrno is: 0

I think that something earlier failed silently and what I am looking at
is a consequence.

I need help with that error message.
In general those "Error string : error:000000..." are pretty cryptic.
I know from messing around that:
      Error string : error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
means that there was no cipher overlap between the client and server.

For some clients, SSL_accept() succeeds and the rest of the application
runs properly.  I have not been able to sort out what the difference
is.

--
Skip Carter
Taygeta Scientific Inc.