[openssl-users] openssl 1.1.1 and FreeBSD 11.2

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Tue Sep 11 17:39:52 UTC 2018

On 09/11/2018 01:30 PM, The Doctor wrote:
> [...]

Let's just slow down here a sec.

> LEt's get this tweaked accordingly for current BSD standards.

Well I have been building and testing all the beta releases on a mixture
of platforms for a while. All year? A while now and have not seen any
show stoppers anywhere other than a bit of config tweaks and Makefile
edits.  I have been running a TLS v1.3 website for months and it never
skips a beat. So this is most likely just a FreeBSD "feature" and a
non-issue.  The maintainer(s) in the FreeBSD project are the folks to
speak with here and not the OpenSSL folks.  Regardless I will give the
release a whirl on OpenBSD 11.2 and 12.0 and possibly on PPC64 also.
If there is anything to report you will see it in the FreeBSD bugzilla.

Dennis Clarke
ye ol greybeard UNIX silverback