[openssl-users] Checksum for openssl-1.0.2p download

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Sep 12 18:28:52 UTC 2018

On 12/09/18 19:24, Chris Outwin wrote:
> I’m an OpenSSL newbie and this is my first post. I’m using OpenSSL for receipt validation in an iOS application.
>
> Is there a list of checksums to verify openssl download versions?

Next to each download on the website there are links for SHA256/PGP/SHA1
checksums.

https://www.openssl.org/source/

>  I believe I should be using openssl-1.0.2p.  Can openssl-1.1.1 be used in a production application yet?

Yes. The final version was released earlier this week.

>  Why doesn’t openssl-1.1.1 end with a letter of the alphabet?

1.1.1 is the first production release of the 1.1.1 series. The next time
we issue a bug and/or security fix version it will be 1.1.1a. The one
after that 1.1.1b, and so on.