[openssl-users] updating openssl on MacOS

Dominyk Tiller dominyktiller at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:03:48 UTC 2018

FWIW on macOS:

If you use Homebrew and want/need OpenSSL 1.1.1 then `brew install
openssl at 1.1`. If you want the 1.0.2x series `brew install openssl`
currently is & will likely remain attached to 1.0.2x for the foreseeable.

If you use MacPorts and want OpenSSL 1.0.2x then `sudo port install
openssl`. As far as I'm aware MacPorts does not currently offer a port
for either 1.1.0x or 1.1.1x.

If you use Nix and want OpenSSL 1.1.1 then `nix-env -i openssl-1.1.1`
(I'm unsure if this has made it into a stable release of Nix yet) and if
you want OpenSSL 1.0.2x then `nix-env -i openssl-1.0.2p`. You can get
nix to spit out a list of OpenSSL versions available via `nix-env -qa
openssl`.

Hope this helps some. I'm not sure what the situation is with fink or
pkgsrc, or any newer package managers for the platform I'm unaware of.

Dom
===
Sent from macOS.