[openssl-users] updating openssl on MacOS

Dominyk Tiller dominyktiller at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:57:09 UTC 2018

Thanks Uri.

On the Homebrew side the same sort of loose plan is being followed. I
recently departed the project for unrelated reasons but before I left I
was pushing a timetable of no later than Summer 2019 to have migrated
everything over to OpenSSL 1.1.1, likely with some package-availability
casualties, and the 1.0.2x series to be removed entirely by the end of
2019 when it hits EOL.

I was essentially the one pushing the timeline/roadmap on that so I
can't speak for what will happen now, but I would expect `brew install
openssl` to eventually equal installing OpenSSL 1.1.1x (Assuming there
isn't a broadly-compatible 1.1.2x or such by then, etc). 1.1.0x is no
longer available through Homebrew as of the 1.1.1 release, and again
whilst not an official comment any more, isn't likely to make a return.

Dom
===
Sent from macOS.