[openssl-users] FIPS mode on Windows

Nelson Caro ncaro at compunetix.com
Fri Sep 21 16:23:46 UTC 2018

On Mon Sep 10 11:26:25 UTC 2018, Hubert Kario wrote:
> On Friday, 7 September 2018 20:18:38 CEST Alessandro Gherardi wrote:
>> I'm running Windows 10.
>> I downloaded the FIPS module sources
>> from https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-fips-2.0.16.tar.gz and the
>> OpenSSL sources from https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2p.tar.gz .
>> I built both FIPS module and OpenSSL (following the instructions
>> at https://www.openssl.org/docs/fips/UserGuide-2.0.pdf to make sure OpenSSL
>> uses the FIPS module) using Visual Studio.
>
> then that does sound like it does match the policy

It does not:  Security Policy 2.0.16 does not have any Microsoft Windows platforms in the "Tested Configurations" section.  2.0.10 was the last one that had, and it was Windows 7, not 10.

Nelson D. Caro
Embedded Software Engineer  |  Compunetix, Inc.
2420 Mosside Blvd  |  Monroeville, PA 15146  |  www.compunetix.com
nelson.caro at compunetix.com