[openssl-users] Could we have more details on the FIPS 3.0 plans?

Paul Dale paul.dale at oracle.com
Sun Sep 23 21:37:36 UTC 2018

It is early in the FIPS process.  Design and planning stages.  At this point, we do not know for certain:

1. which algorithms will be validated;
2. what platforms they will be validated on or
3. when the formal validation will begin.

The decision making processes take time and while I'm confident some aspects of the first two points are known, they've not been formally codified.

Pauli
--
Oracle
Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption