PKCS#7/CMS verify reports bad signature

Steffen steffenl.sw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 10:11:53 UTC 2019

Hello Matt,

Thank you for looking into this!

So it seems like I have to figure out why the signatures are incorrectly
formatted and then fix it at every source if possible, or convert the
structures somehow if it can be done correctly. The only immediate solution
I can see is to downgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.2r or 1.1.0b until I figure out
what to do about it. These seem like pretty bad ideas right now but I am
blocked otherwise.

I do not have any further questions because I guess this is a dead end if I
cannot fix this correctly, but please feel free to share any thoughts.
CC-ing David Benjamin as well.

Thank you!

Regards,
Steffen