new algorithms

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Mon Apr 8 16:38:58 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 05:48:56PM +0200, Giovanni Fontana wrote:

> my name is Giovanni Fontana. I made a new symmetric crypto algorithm (let’s
> call it *algo1*) and a new asymmetric crypto algorithm (let’s call it
> *algo2*).

Recent additions to OpenSSL include X25519, Ed25519 and ChaCha20.
If, for some reason, you believe that an important security problem
we're facing is an insufficient number of available algorithms, you
can study how these recent algorithms are integrated into OpenSSL
generally, X.509, CMS and TLS, and integrate your algorithms in a
similar manner.

You might also take a look at the OpenSSL master (3.0) development
branch, which introduces changes to the internal architecture that
are intended to better facilitate integration of external cryptographic
modules.

--
	Viktor.