How to disable tls 1.0 and tls 1.1

Hubert Kario hkario at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 13:37:56 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 11 April 2019 15:25:51 CEST Chethan Kumar wrote:
> Adding to previous mail,
> We tried -DSSL_OP_NO_TLSv1   -DSSL_OP_NO_TLSv1_1  along with disabling SSLv2
> and v1 but still client hello is sent using min and max as TLS1.0 and
> TLS1.2.

there is no "min" version in Client Hello, the version in record layer is
irrelevant and used only for backwards compatibility *NOT* for negotiation

> Any idea what is wrong in our options and what should be used instead.?

compile an openssl server with TLS 1.1 enabled, run openssl s_server -tls1_1
to enable just TLS 1.1 and see if your production compile can connect

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario