Acquire Entropy for embedded platform

Dr Paul Dale paul.dale at oracle.com
Fri Aug 16 09:33:11 UTC 2019

Two bits of RTC is nowhere near enough entropy.  I could break two bits by hand in a few seconds — there are only four possibilities.

The best outcome is an hardware random number generator.  These are often not readily available.

Next would be waiting for enough entropy from interrupts, timers and the like.

You didn’t specify what operating system/kernel you are using so further advise is less than useful.

Pauli
--
Dr Paul Dale | Distinguished Architect | Cryptographic Foundations
Phone +61 7 3031 7217