question about certificate verify

forston_shi at trendmicro.com forston_shi at trendmicro.com
Mon Aug 26 09:24:29 UTC 2019

Hi Openssl team,
I have a question about certificate verify.

We check a sub-certificate with a lot of root certificates.
We don't want to check sub-certificate's expire time, but we want to get an error when root certificate expired.

I try to verify it by following option,
  X509_VERIFY_PARAM* pm = X509_STORE_CTX_get0_param(xstore_ctx);
  X509_VERIFY_PARAM_set_flags(pm, X509_V_FLAG_NO_CHECK_TIME);

  iret = X509_verify_cert(xstore_ctx);

But it also will ignore root certificate's expire.

So, can you give me some suggestion for my question.

Best regards
Forston Shi (RD-CN)

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE

For details about what personal information we collect and why, please see our Privacy Notice on our website at: [ https://www.trendmicro.com/privacy]