Format and standard for CSR

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Aug 28 23:13:15 UTC 2019

Uri, Greetings!

On 8/28/19 6:09 PM, Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL wrote:
> Do you have an ASN.1 definition fit the content of CSR, or are you
> willing to create one?

For now working with ASN.1.

> IMHO, DER would be a pretty good choice, fat better than something
> home-brewed and non-standard.

take a look at rfc 7049.  This is the standard for data objects over
constrained networks.  Then look at

draft-birkholz-core-coid

For work being done to define by a good team to meld x.509 stuff with CBOR.

"The wonderful thing about standards is there are so many to choose from."

There was a reference point to Grace Hopper saying this in '58.