BIO_read fails when performing DTLS handshake

Matthew matthew.goulart at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 18:40:29 UTC 2019

Hi Michael,

Of course I should have provided a version: 1.1.1c, on linux-x64 (dotnet
core 2.2)

Just a quick question while I prepare a clearer, more contextual and
concise email about my problem;

Is it normal for an SSL's readBio to be empty /right/ after DTLSv1_listen?

I noticed that after calling DTLSv1_listen, and it returning 1, the
SSL's readBio's bytes pending = 0. Would this not force the client to
send a second hello with cookie? Or does DTLSv1_listen perform the
clientHello processing and then let SSL_accept send the response?