verbosity of `openssl ca` error

Erich Eckner openssl at eckner.net
Fri Dec 6 14:29:37 UTC 2019

Hi,

I found the cause of my issue: When creating a new intermediate ca, I did
not purge the old directory, thus starting with an serial>01 and issued
certificates, revocation list which does not match the new private key.

Still my wish remains: a more verbose error message would have made the
problem with the setup much clearer!

regards,
Erich