FINGERPRINT_premain() not getting called

Dipak B deepak.redmi2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 19:47:06 UTC 2019

Hi,

Appreciate any help on following.

In continuation with email sent earlier, for me FINGERPRINT_premain() is
not getting called after failure of FIPS_mode_set().

Background
My 32bit application (Myapp32.exe) uses myFips32.dll which statically links
to FIPS capable openssl and statically to windows runtime.

On running myapp32.exe, FIPS_mode_set() inside fips32.dll fails with
fingerprint mismatch error 111.
 The function FIPS_check_incore_fingerprint(void) calculates incore
fingerprint properly but hash embedded using fips_premain.c is read as
empty from virtual memory.

For same configuration, 64bit app and it's corresponding 64bit DLL, enters
fips mode successfully.

Thank you.