[openssl-users] Some documentation about key derivation and block padding

Alexis BRENON @OpenSSL brenon.alexis+openssl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 10:01:06 UTC 2019

Hi all,

So, I found some hints on stack overflow
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6772465/is-there-any-c-api-in-openssl-to-derive-a-key-from-given-string)
and an implementation with pyCrypto
(https://gist.github.com/mimoo/11383475).
I still can't get the expected results but these raise some questions:
how many iteration of PBKDF must I do ? Must the result of the
encryption be hashed with HMAC ?

Kind regards,
Alexis.