[openssl-users] Questions about Ciphers

Patrice Guérin guerinp at talasi.fr
Thu Feb 14 16:42:21 UTC 2019

Hello,

I have two questions :

  * I use OBJ_NAME_do_all_sorted() with  OBJ_NAME_TYPE_CIPHER_METH to
    get the list of supported cipher methods
    Is there a difference between lowercase and uppercase names ?
    I've noticed that some do not have uppercase name (ex. aes-128-ccm)
    Is there a prefered name to use ?
  * In the case of GCM usage (with examples found in the OpenSSL wiki),
    Is the specific control action to set the tag on decryption can be
    done at the beginning rather than juste before EVP_DecryptFinal_ex() ?

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Patrice.