[openssl-users] [openssl-project] OpenSSL 3.0 and FIPS Update

Mark Minnoch mark at keypair.us
Fri Feb 15 16:20:31 UTC 2019

Responding to some earlier questions:

> Can you give any guidance on which platforms will be validated with the
OpenSSL FIPS 3.0 module?  My recollection is that it will only be a handful
of platforms.

I would expect the number of platforms to be small. The wonderful 5
sponsors of the FIPS project will likely direct the initial platforms.

> Any additional information about how other platforms can be validated
would also be helpful.

My company, KeyPair Consulting, performs FIPS testing for new platforms for
the OpenSSL FOM 2.0. We plan to continue this service for the OpenSSL FIPS
Module for 3.0.

--
Mark J. Minnoch
Co-Founder, CISSP

*We expertly guide technology companies in achieving their FIPS 140 goals*

*Blog post: You Have Your FIPS Certificate. Now What?
<https://keypair.us/2018/03/you-have-your-fips-certificate-now-what/>*