AES-cipher offload to engine in openssl-fips

Short, Todd tshort at akamai.com
Wed Feb 27 11:53:36 UTC 2019

No.

The OpenSSL FIPS Module is not written that way. It should not be permitting any non-FIPS implementations (see Rich's email regarding a bug).

You could write your own engine, get that FIPS certified, and run it with plain, vanilla OpenSSL.

There's a design spec out for OpenSSL 3.0.0 that may allow you to have your own FIPS provider, which, I believe, would be the closest thing to what you want.

--
-Todd Short
// Sent from my iPhone