[openssl-users] tls1_change_cipher_state

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Wed Jan 2 10:14:04 UTC 2019

On 02/01/2019 10:41, Matt Caswell wrote:

> On 27/12/2018 08:37, Dmitry Belyavsky wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Am I right supposing that local variables tmp1, tmp2, iv1, and iv2 are unused in
>> this function?
> Looks that way. They should be removed.

By the way, why aren't any of your test compilers configured to
warn about unused local variables?  It's a common feature in many
compilers and thus a free consistency check that can catch typos.

Of cause doing so requires establishing a coding standard for how
to silence such warnings where a local variable is used only in
conditionally compiled code.

Enjoy

Jakob