[openssl-users] Possible bug in crypto/engine

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Sun Jan 6 22:53:06 UTC 2019

Antonio,

did you debug the preinstalled openssl app or have you tried to debug your own version, built with a debug configuration?

You get the best results in the debugger if you use the `debug-linux-x86_64` config target and
after building (you only need to run `make`, not `make install`) run it in the debugger directly from the source
directory as follows:

    util/shlib_wrap.sh  gdb  apps/openssl cms -sign -signer cert.pem -inkey 101 -keyform engine -engine pkcs11

If you can reproduce the crash with your debug version, please post a backtrace of the call stack when it’s stopped
at the segmentation fault.

HTH,
Matthias