[openssl-users] Close TCP socket after SSL_clear()?

Charles Mills charlesm at mcn.org
Mon Jan 14 19:08:32 UTC 2019

Thanks @Michael. I read up on TIME_WAIT Assassination.

I think that sort of thing may have been the problem I was trying to fix.
After an "error" disconnection, the customer was reporting that their client
could not re-connect. I had trouble getting good traces out of the customer,
but I suspect the problem was that the underlying TCP connection was still
hanging.

I have never in my life touched SO_LINGER. There is no socket duplication,
fork(), or the like.

Thanks again,

Charles