[openssl-users] crypto/objects/o_names.c problem with Solaris 10 and strict Oracle Studio 12.6 c99

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Fri Jan 18 13:05:12 UTC 2019

Am I missing something, or is this just because Configure somehow gave you a makefile for the tests that doesn't actually link the OpenSSL libraries? There's just libsocket, libnsl, libdl, librt, and libpthread there.

I don't know how that would have happened, but I haven't looked at the Configure for 1.1.1 as closely as I have the 1.0.2. (I was primarily responsible for hacking my team's OpenSSL builds for the 1.0.2 line, but a different developer for 1.1.1 implemented our move to that release.)

It appears for our Solaris 11 SPARC build of 1.1.1 we're using stock OpenSSL Configure with "solaris-sparcv9-gcc" as the target (or solaris64-sparcv9-gcc for 64-bit builds). If memory serves, we used to use the Sun/Oracle implementation (SUNWspro) in older products, but that would have been with OpenSSL 1.0.2 or possibly earlier. I'm not sure when we switched to gcc on Solaris. So unfortunately I don't have any more-specific advice for building 1.1.1 using the Developer Studio toolchain.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus