The SWEET32 Issue, CVE-2016-2183 on Openssl package.

bhyri kalyan bhyri.k at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 14:37:37 UTC 2019

Hi All,

 Please respond to my below query.

Currently we are using  openssl_1_0_2r version and we ran the Nessus tool
on  this openssl version  code found The SWEET32  (
https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2016/08/24/sweet32/) Issue.  So to
resolve that issue  I am trying to disable the ‘3des’  ciphers  or to
use only HIGH ciphers instead.  Can you please providing  some inputs for
making openssl package to use only   HIGH ciphers or  let me know how to
disable ‘3des’ cipher in openssl ( I   already tried by keeping “no-3des”
but it doesn’t work).

Thanks & Regards
kalyan