How to list ssl3 ciphers

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Jul 11 23:09:38 UTC 2019

On 7/10/19 1:10 AM, shiva kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> How to List the ssl3 ciphers in openssl1.1.1
> The command "openssl ciphers -ssl3" is not working. Please help me

jupiter # /usr/local/bin/openssl version
OpenSSL 1.1.1c  28 May 2019

jupiter # /usr/local/bin/openssl ciphers -help
Usage: ciphers [options]
Valid options are:
  -help              Display this summary
  -v                 Verbose listing of the SSL/TLS ciphers
  -V                 Even more verbose
  -s                 Only supported ciphers
  -tls1              TLS1 mode
  -tls1_1            TLS1.1 mode
  -tls1_2            TLS1.2 mode
  -tls1_3            TLS1.3 mode
  -stdname           Show standard cipher names
  -psk               include ciphersuites requiring PSK
  -srp               include ciphersuites requiring SRP
  -convert val       Convert standard name into OpenSSL name
  -ciphersuites val  Configure the TLSv1.3 ciphersuites to use
jupiter #

jupiter # /usr/local/bin/openssl ciphers -v -s -tls1_3
TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384  TLSv1.3 Kx=any      Au=any  Enc=AESGCM(256) Mac=AEAD
TLS_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256 TLSv1.3 Kx=any      Au=any
Enc=CHACHA20/POLY1305(256) Mac=AEAD
TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256  TLSv1.3 Kx=any      Au=any  Enc=AESGCM(128) Mac=AEAD
jupiter #

However I seem to recall six of them really.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC