Server Binary Mode: open files requested by the client in binary mode

chabboud chabboud at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 20:56:08 UTC 2019

I am trying to set up a server from which I can download binary files.
However, I can only download text files. If I try to download binary files,
I only receive the first few hundred bytes.

Using options:
openssl s_server -key key.pem -cert cert.pem -accept 4443 -WWW

The master Manual lists option: -http_server_binmode
/"When acting as web-server (using option -WWW or -HTTP) open files
requested by the client in binary mode."/

This option sounds like exactly what I need but it is not available in the
latest release.  How can I make the server open files in binary mode?

I am running OpenSSL 1.1.1c for Windows.

--
Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html